This is my second week on a raw food diet. I'd say I have been about 100% raw on this first week (juice fast adapted from Queen Afua's Heal Thyself, 2002) and about 65% this week. I have felt great, more energy, calmer disposition, and the ability to be more diplomatic with my children.
Yesterday I slipped and ate a packet of McCoys Mexican chilli, they are vegan but did not make me feel good after eating them. Mainly because I felt I had cheated my self. That didn't stop me eating a few out of a packet today. The cravings for something crunchy just won't go away. Having warm water with lemon and cayene pepper after took the guilt away at least.
I purchased two of Ani Phyo's book's yesterday too...a great buy, and am looking forward to buying a dehydrator to try some of her cookie and flatbread recipes. Using my oven for that amount of time cannot be justified (energy conservation!)
Anyhoo, tons of work to do....btw am using my daughter's blog, hence the other posts being aimed at a younger crowd (should start my own really!
No comments:
Post a Comment